Wednesday 7 September 2011

[JB] Music Video Research 1

Professor Green ft. Maverick Sabre - Jungle


This video has a somewhat 'moody' feel to it, similar to 'Self Vs Self', so I feel that techniques in this video would be very effective, such as:
  • Shallow depth of field used, would be quite easy to achieve with my DSLR using 50mm f/1.8 lens and ND filters if necessary. This shallow depth of field is very effective in helping to set the mood and can isolate parts of the frame so that they stand out more.
  • Filming in evening, gives dangerous atmosphere to the video in combination with the theme of violence
  • Dull colours, gives it a dreary feel somewhat, which can be effective.

1 comment:

  1. I agree James, I think the mood of the song is really well represented in the video. I think we should definitely look into how colour affects the mood of a song, and perhaps go the other way if what we choose is more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete